Snapchat Is Not Working: Snapchat is one of the most entertaining social media platforms. It is so much you can do with Snapchat live videos, stories, direct photo messaging, texting, and most importantly super cool filters.
Snapchat keeps on amusing users with amazing face filters every now and then. Face filters like the dog face, face swapping, and the recent one babyface filters have become the most entertaining thing to do worldwide.
It is very unfortunate if Snapchat stops working especially for those who can’t spend their day without using Snapchat. Snapchat is a fun medium to chat and share images with friends.
All Solutions to Snapchat Not Working
So, if you are facing any difficulties in your Snapchat account we are here for you. Read the whole article and learn troubleshooting solution to fix any Snapchat working issue, so that you can resume on Snapchat entertainment.
Reopen, Restart and update Snapchat
The first thing you can do when your phone is crashing is to restart your application, Also try updating it to the latest version.
- Close the application completely, remove it from the recently used application list.
- If you are using iPhone double-tap the home button or on your home screen to access and remove the recently used application.
- Now reopen the application and see if your app is working or not.
If the issue is still prevailing try sign out from your account and sign in back again. This process syncs back your snaps with server and can also resolve this issue.
- Open your snapchat profile and tap on the setting icon at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom and select logout.
- Now log in again with your snap id and password.
While the app is closed, it might be worth checking for updates
- Open up the Google Play Store or App Store and check for the latest ap updates.
- If a newer update is available, update it, and log back in.
- When you log back into Snapchat, any snaps you missed will be waiting for you.
Read More: highest snap streak
Restart your Phone
One of the most common solutions to resolving tech issue as well as application problem is restarting your device. So, this may also help solve the snapchat issue.
Restart the Android Device
- For Android users, long press your power button until the screen displays the restart button or reboot button for some phones. Tap on the reboot option, your phone will have a fresh restart resolving application bugs.
- Press and hold the Side button and either volume button until the power off slider appears.
- Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.*
- After your device turns off, press and hold the Side button again until you see the Apple logo.
Check if Snapchat is Down
Sometimes the issue is not just for you but for everyone, there chance that snapchat server is down. In that case, you have to check it. There are two places to check if Snapchat is down or not.
The first option to check for snapchat site id the website named Down Detector which tracks all kinds of services and whether or not they are down.
- Go to Down Detector’s Snapchat page it will showcase Problems if your snapchat is down if not then “No problem” would be specified.
- You can also check the Live Outage Map to see if the issue is restricted to specific regions.
Snapchat Twitter Support Account
- Another way to check Snapchat status id through the official Snapchat Twitter support account.
- Snapchat Twitter account will keep you updated about all the outages and would also notify how long it will take it to get steady.
Check your Internet Connection
If you haven’t resolved your problem yet maybe it’s because of your internet problem. If you are not able to load some snaps it’s better if you check with your internet connection.
- See if your mobile data is not working fine switch to wifi.
- If the signal is weak in your wifi move closer to router also you can try resetting your router once to fix the connectivity issue.
- If you have enabled a VPN, you may need to disable it when you use Snapchat. Snapchat might stop working if it detects any third-party apps which also includes VPNs occasionally.
Check App Network Permissions
If you have checked with your internet connection and it is working fine, then see if Snapchat has the correct application permission to work. The most required permission is a phone, location, and storage.
Also Read: Longest Snapchat Steak of All Time
To check the permission given to snap chat application to your phone and edit it, follow the step below.
1: go to your Snapchat app and open your profile.
2: Tap on the Setting icon
3: select Permissions
Step 4: tab on the missing permission to enable it. This will open the system settings to adjust all permissions for the app. Now try to access Snapchat again and see if it’s working.
Not resolved the problem yet? We still have a chance to solve it. You might have downloaded a corrupted file, so you will need to clear cache files. Continue to read to know how to clear cache data from Snapchat.
Remove Snapchat App Cache
Application on your phone keeps on downloading cache data on your phone. Sometimes the data could be corrupted due to which phone apps don’t work. Also, clearing cache files will not erase any snaps.
How to clear Snapchat cache
1: open your app and go to your profile
2: Tap Settings, scroll to the botton of the page.
3: click clear cache
Now again open snapchat to see if it’s working.
What to So When Snaps Fail to Send?
Unable to share snaps even with good network connectivity, here is what you can do.
Restart your phone first as mentioned above and check if that doesn’t work clear your conversation. This will remove all Snaps sent and received, so any unopened Snaps will be lost.
To clear a conversation in Snapchat, follow the steps below
1: Open your profile
2: Tap Settings
3: Scroll down and tap Clear Conversation
4: Select the conversation to clear and confirm
Is this step doesn’t work, one another troubleshooting solution is to remove your friend and add them back. This will also remove all the Snap conversation you had with your friend, but will help you resolve the issue.
How to remove a friend in Snapchat?
1: Open your profile
2: Tap Add Friends
3: Tap My Friends
4: Select the friend to remove
That’s it, folks these were the guidelines for solving Snapchat not working problems, we hope that one of these methods worked for you. Ig the problem still prevails you need to contact Snapchat support here.