Transfer Photos from PC to iPhone: Do you want to transfer photos from Mac or PC to your iPhone but you are confused about the process? If yes, then don’t worry because now you can easily sync your Mac or window PC to your iPhone.
Guide to Transfer Photos from PC to iPhone
If you want to rely on Apple to store your photos then Mac app and iCloud Photo Library is the best option.
On the other hand, if iCloud is not your cup of tea then do not worry as there are enormous other ways like you can also use iTunes or another third-party cloud service that helps you to sync your photos between your computer and your iPhone/iPad.
You can view the following file format content on your iPhone or iPad:
- HFVC video
- Slo-mo video
- Live photos
- Timelapse video and more
Here is a quick tutorial on all the ways that you can use to sync your Mac or Windows PC image to your iPhone or iPad.
- Upload photos and videos with iCloud Photo Library.
- How to upload photos and videos by using iTunes.
- How to use AirDrop to transfer photos from Mac to your iPhone or iPad.
- Use Dropbox image sync with your iPhone or iPad.
- How to use third-party image syncing services with your iPhone /iPad.
Let’s discuss the above-mentioned points in brief:
What is the procedure to upload photos and video if you have enabled iCloud Photo Library?
iCloud Photo Library by Apply is the best way to keep your photos sync in your Mac, Window Computer or any iPhone/iPad that you own.
(Note: iCloud Photo Library uses your iCloud storage. You need to upgrade your storage level if you have lots of data to store).
Below are the various ways to transfer photos from Mac and PC by simply using the iCloud Photo Library.
Newer Macs: Use Photos for Mac
If you use OS X Yosemite and photos for Mac with enabled iCloud Photo Library function then your photos and videos will automatically show up on every single device that has been connected to your iCloud account.
- Open the Photos app.
- Tap Photos on the top left the side of your screen and choose the option (Preferences).
- Select the iCloud Photos Option.
If you are enabling the iCloud option for the first time, then you may have to wait for 24 hours before your content like photos and videos are fully synced with your iOS device. Wait patiently, once it gets synced then you will be able to view any photo or video from your Photos app directly on your iPhone/iPad.
Older Macs: Use iCloud photo sharing process
If you have an older computer that does not support Photos for Mac, then do not get tensed because still, you can sync your Mac’s photos and video to your iPhone using iCloud’s older image sharing feature.
- Simply open the Settings option on your iPhone or iPad.
- Click Photos.
- Enable the iCloud Photos and Shared Album settings.
- On your Mac, Open photos.
- Select the photos that you want to upload.
- Now, create a new shared photo stream with your selected pictures by clicking on Add to>Share>iCloud.
Give a name to your stream and share it with your Apple ID. It will soon populate on your iPhone in the Photos app under the “Shared tab” if you have a strong internet connection.
From that shared tab, you can view photos and directly download them to your device just by hitting the share button>save image.
PCs: Use iCloud for Windows Application
PC users may not get the benefits of full photos for windows applications, but users can still use Apple’s iCloud for Windows integration.
Follow the Steps to Download iCloud for Windows
- Click on the Settings option on your iOS device (iPhone/iPad).
- Click on Photos.
- Enable iCloud Photos and Shared Albums settings.
- Now, open iCloud for Windows application.
- Make sure you enable the Photos checkbox.
- Select the “options” button.
- From the list of options, enable the iCloud Photo Library.
- Click on done then on the Apply button.
- Click on file explorer and search iCloud Photos.
- Press right-click on iCloud photos and select the “Pin to Quick Access”.
From that point, you can sync your image and video
- From file explorer, open the iCloud photos screen.
- Click on the option that says “Add photos or videos”.
- Select the desired content like photos or videos to sync from your computer.
- Once it gets finished, press “Done”.
Upload your photos via iCloud.com
With the help of the iCloud Photo Library, you can quickly and easily upload images.
- Enable the iCloud photos option on your iOS device.
- Visit icloud.com and log in with your credentials.
- Select the Photos icon.
- Click on the Upload button (cloud icon with an up arrow on it).
- Select the images that you want to upload.
- The processing bar appears to upload the images and if you want to stop the uploading process, then click on the “stop upload” button.
How to upload photos and videos via iTunes?
If you do not have iCloud Photo Library on your iPhone or if using older hardware then with the help of iTunes you can sync your Mac or Window computers images to your iPhone. Just follow the steps:
Move photos from your Mac to your iPhone/iPad via iTunes
If you prefer iTunes then do not worry as it is not a difficult process. Follow the points and here you go.
- Organize your photos in a manner.
- Link your iPhone to your Mac.
- Open iTunes.
- Click on the iOS device icon, located in the top bar then click on the “Photos” button.
- Select the “checkbox” near to “sync photos”.
- Click on the photos from the drop-down menu with an option “Copy photos from”.
- Select the options that you prefer.
- Select the Sync option (located at the bottom right corner).
With the above steps, your iPhone/iPad will copy all the images that you have selected.
Move photos from your PC to your iPhone/iPad via iTunes
- Organize your images into folders and subfolders according to your choice.
- Link your iPhone into your PC or Mac.
- Open iTunes.
- Select the iOS device icon, and then click on the “Photos” button.
- Tick the “Checkbox”.
- Now, choose the folder from the drop-down menu.
- Select your desired folder.
- Click to sync the selected folder.
How to use AirDrop to transfer photos from your Mac to your iPhone or iPad?
If you use the latest Mac that supports AirDrop, then you can wirelessly transfer the photos and videos from your Mac to your iPhone/iPad.
- Select the photos/videos that you like to transfer in the Finder Window.
- In a new Finder window, from the side menu select AirDrop.
- Your iPhone should be unlocked.
- Make sure your iPhone has AirDrop receiving set to ON and Everyone.
- Drag your selected images or videos.
- Click on the Accept button.
AirDrop works best for small batches of images or videos. If you want to transfer huge data then always use iTunes and iCloud Photo Library.
How to use Dropbox image sync with your iPhone or iPad?
If you are not interested in using any of the above-mentioned options then simply use Dropbox. Dropbox is an effective uploading tool for adding images to your online storage space. Simply install a Dropbox app.
How to use third-party image syncing services with your iPhone /iPad?
You can even use Google Photos, Amazon’s photos service or any other third party image syncing service like Syncios. If looking for an iCloud Photos Library alternative, then simply round up all our favorite image backup and sync services.
Now, with any of the above-mentioned steps simply and efficiently transfer all your photos from Mac or PC to your iPhone or iPad without any hassle. Keep visiting Phoneier.com for more blogs.