If you may not have the library of games in your Mac for the Windows gamers then still you can play them by connecting an Xbox One controller and there is no need for any extra hardware to do it. You just need a quick glance at the instructions about how to connect the Xbox One controller to Mac and three different methods to know about how to pair the PS4 controller with Mac to play games.
The best thing about having a choice in which controller to use is that, even though both of them are around the same cost, they have a few distinct differences and every Mac user can pick the one more suitable for them. Here are some different methods to use a PS4 or Xbox One controller on Mac:
Use a PS4 controller on Mac:
- Use PS4 controller on Mac with official wireless adapter: On a Mac, there is no plug and play support for the DualShock 4, so Sony has released a wireless USB adapter that enables wireless connectivity across PCs and Macs and it costs you around 20 dollars at a game. The official wireless connector is a good solution for remote play or playing Mac games that support the use of external controllers.
- Use the PS4 controller on Mac with micro USB: You can connect a PS4 controller to Mac using the micro USB cable that you generally use to plug it into your PlayStation. The additional benefit of using micro USB is that the cable also charges your controller while you are playing. When you plug it in, you will see an orange light appear on the touchpad indicating that it is charging. It is easiest way to connect a PS4 controller to a Mac, follow the below steps:
- You need to press the play station button in the middle of the gamepad to turn it on.
- Then choose Apple and then about this Mac.
- You need to click System Report and then choose USB.
- Then see for Wireless Controller under USB.
- If you see Wireless Controller then your PS4 controller is connected to the Mac. It now works with any compatible games.
It is beneficial that Steam provides full DualShock 4 controller support across Mac and PC and you do not need to adapt any additional controller settings when playing a controller-supported Steam game.
Pair PS4 controller with Mac through Bluetooth:
- Pairing PS4 controller with Mac through Bluetooth is the easiest, fastest, and cheapest way to start playing. You need to follow the below steps:
- You need to open System Preferences and then Bluetooth.
- Then press the PS and Share buttons simultaneously on your controller until you see a light on your DualShock 4 start blinking to indicate that it is ready to pair.
- You need to see for the wireless controller in the list of Bluetooth devices on your Mac.
- Then click Pair and the light on your controller will go from blinking to lit.
Connect an Xbox One controller to a Mac:
It is easy to connect a PS4 controller to a Mac but Xbox One controllers have built-in support for connecting to Windows as it requires a little bit of extra work. At the start, you cannot use Bluetooth to connect. You also need to buy a micro USB cable as one is not included with Xbox One controllers like it is with a PS4 handset.
Use an Xbox One controller on Mac with micro USB:
- You can connect an Xbox One controller to a Mac through micro-USB cable but it is a bit more complex than with Sony’s DualShock 4 controller. Follow the below steps to use an Xbox One controller on Mac with micro USB:
- You need to go to GitHub and download the most recent version of 360Controller and it supports both Xbox One and Xbox 360 controllers.
- Then open the. DMG file that you have downloaded and run the 360Controller installation package.
- You need to follow the on-screen instructions to install 360Controller. It is important that your files are saved before installing because the installation requires a Mac restart.
- When the Mac has restarted, go to System Preferences and select Xbox 360 Controllers which would be a new icon at the bottom of the list.
- Then plug in your Xbox One controller and tweak the button mapping as required.
- Then save your preferences and close the System Preferences window. Now you can simply load up your favorite controller that supports Mac game and you can enjoy playing games.
Therefore, you just need to follow the above-mentioned methods or ways to know about how to connect the Xbox One controller to Mac and three different methods to know about how to pair the PS4 controller with Mac to play games and these methods are very easy, fast and cheap.
How to Transfer SMS & iMessage from Old iPhone to new iPhone XS/XR/X/8 Plus
How to Track iPhone Data Usage
How to Close All Tabs at Once in Safari on iPhone or iPad Running iOS 13 and iOS 12
How to Detect & Remove a Virus or Malware & Restore Your Phone