Is it even possible to survive this fast-paced digital life without Facebook? Every app you want to register with has an option to log in with Facebook. Does that mean that Facebook holds equal importance as mails? Maybe. But this is a question for some other time.
But today we are going to talk about the problem that we have all been through at least once. Which is my real Facebook account? Well, we have all for once created more than one Facebook account and forgot to delete the rest ones.
Well, if it gets difficult for us to differentiate, it sure is difficult for people who are trying to look us upon it. So, the best solution to it is deactivating your Facebook account (of course it’s the extra ones we are talking about!).
Also, even though Facebook is the most popular social media platform there has always been controversy regarding its privacy terms. So, just in case your feel using Facebook is breaching your privacy, feel free to go ahead with the following steps!
How to Permanently Delete your Facebook Account?
We are listing the steps right here down. But first, let us learn the difference between deleting and deactivating a Facebook account! Here are a few differences listed so that you are sure of the action you’re taking!
Difference between Deleting and Deactivating Facebook Account
The major difference is that deactivating your account gives you the option to return and reactivate your account and deleting your account simply means that it is deleted permanently and can’t be recovered under any circumstances, except for the first 30 days, when Facebook just deactivates your account before deactivating it. Just in case you change your mind.
As we mentioned above, deleting your account leaves no chances for recovery. It is set in stone. Once you delete your account, everything associated with the user is deleted. Along with your timeline, posts, and your messages. Facebook can take up to 90 days to permanently clear out your activity from its backup systems! Also, if you won’t be able to Facebook login for other apps.
Whereas when you deactivate your account, your timeline, and posts, ‘about you’ section, friends list gets hidden as well no can search for you, but your message history stays. You can still easily communicate through messengers even when your account is deactivated! Deactivating the accounts stills lets you access the Facebook messenger.
Plus, the most important thing is that you always have an option to reactivate your account! Can use Facebook login for other apps!
So, now that you know the actions are taken on deleting your account, let’s just get to it!
Ways to Permanently Delete my Facebook Account?
It is suggested to save a copy of your past Facebook activity before deleting your account permanently. Facebook provides that option to download all your activities before to set up your account for the final delegation! Though it’s not mandatory, you’d want to keep a copy just for the record.
Permanently Delete Your Facebook Account (using a browser)
- Login to your Facebook
- Click at the top right button on your Facebook page.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Click on Your Facebook Information in the left column
- Navigate to Deactivation and deletion
- Here, you’ll get an option to deactivate or delete your account. Select permanently delete account and then click on continue to account deletion.
- Facebook will now navigate you to a page similar as shown below. You’ll also have an option to download all your information as well as posts before deleting your account. Plus, it’ll also notify you about any page that you are the only admin. You can add an admin to keep the page active and accessible.
- Click Delete Account.
- Enter your password, click Continue and then click Delete Account.
Delete Facebook Account through a Mobile Application
- Open your Facebook app
- Tap the three lines on the top right corner
- Scroll down to Settings and Privacy
- Go to settings from the expanded menu
- Navigate to Account Ownership and Control
- Tap Deactivation and Deletion.
- Select Delete Account and tap Continue to Account Deactivation.
- Before you tap Delete Account, you’ll get an option to download all your information. It’s not mandatory to opt for it, but just in case you need a record of your past facebook post you can go for it.
- Enter your password click continue and then delete your account!
P.S. Don’t forget to uninstall the Facebook application.
And what if I change my mind and need to reactivate my account? Don’t worry. We have got you covered! If you want to retrieve your account within 30 days of deletion, you can simply cancel account deletion. After 30 days, your account will be permanently deleted and you won’t be able to retrieve it.
So… if it’s been just 30 days or less and you want to retrieve it, here is how.
How can I cancel my account deletion?
To cancel your account deletion, simply login to your account and click Cancel Deletion!
Right from deactivating your account to deleting it and more, we have got it all covered right here. Still scratching your head? Here is a link to Facebook help for further guidance.