Deactivate your Facebook account: Tired of constant Facebook notification and chatter butter around Facebook, There are lots of reasons for anyone to quit their Facebook account, and it’s completely fine, you have your reasons and it’s ok!
The impact of social media sites on people nowadays is insane. Posting stories and pictures and daily updates which started as a trend for teenage and youngster has now become an obsession for many. There may be benefits of using social media sites and pages like faster communication and some fun stuff but there lie another side that shows its negative impacts.
There is a life beyond social media and gadgets, don’t let the internet dominate you and there are lots of people out there who choose to shut social media sites. If you are one of them, you have come to the right place.
It’s not that hard to delete your Facebook account we will help you with that. Also if you wish to shut down your Facebook account temporarily, you can do that by deactivating your account. Continue reading to know for the complete guidelines.
Methods to Deactivate or Delete Facebook account
There are two methods to get rid of your Facebook account one is deactivating your account and the second is deletion. Choosing any one method can be confusing you, then read below, to know what happens when you deactivate your account and when you delete your account. So you can decide what to opt for.
Deactivating Facebook Account
Deactivating a Facebook account is the best option when you want to temporarily get away from Facebook.
Here is the list of what happens when you deactivate your account:
- You can reactivate your account whenever you want there is no time limit.
- When you deactivate your account nobody will able to search for you.
- Your timeline will not be visible even to your friends.
- Some information that will be saved by Facebook, like your friends and account information so when you activate your account back you will get access to all the information you had earlier.
- Also, the chats you had with your friends would be visible to them.
Deleting Facebook Account
Deleting accounts is totally different than deactivating as you will be wiping out everything from your account permanently.
Here are some points to consider when you delete your Facebook account
- After you delete your account Facebook takes 14 days to permanently shut down your account. If you change meanwhile you can retrieve your account by logging in.
- All your photos and text and post you had posted on your timeline will be permanently deleted.
- You will not be able to access your account.
- All your data may take at the most 90 days to delete from the Facebook backup system. But your account info would not be accessible during this period.
- A few kinds of stuff don’t get stored in your account such as messages you sent to your Facebook friends these will remain active.
- According to .facebook company policies, copies of some stiff like log records may remain in Facebook’s database but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
So now you know what deactivating and deleting difference is, deleting is more serious stuff. So deactivating account would be a more convenient option if you are not sure whether you would be permanently shutting your facebook profile.
Steps to Deactivate Facebook account
If you decide to deactivate your Facebook account, follow these steps:
Step1: Open your Facebook App or website in your web browser
Step3: Tap on the account menu, down arrow at the top right of any Facebook page.
Step2: Select ‘Settings
Step3: In the left column choose ‘General’ in the left column
Step4: Select ‘Manage your account’
Step5: Tap on ‘Deactivate your account’, option, and then follow the steps to confirm.
Step6: When you want to reactivate your account after deactivating it, just need to log in with your credentials. Your profile will be entirely reinstated.
Steps to delete Facebook account
As mentioned above deleting a Facebook account is a serious decision, so if you are firm about your decision only then you should delete. Whether you like it or not it’s a good way to connect with long distanced friends.
Though Facebook is distracting, it may come with some advantages too like deleting Facebook may hinder job prospects or social opportunities and events.
Note that deleting your account will remove all your Facebook data and photos and videos everything you have uploaded. It is better to Backup these data before deleting your account.
Steps to Save your Facebook Content
Step1: Click the account menu down arrow at the top right of any Facebook page in your web browser
Step2: Click ‘Download a copy of your Facebook data’ at the bottom of your General Account Settings
Step3: Choose ‘Start My Archive’
The downloading files will include your Facebook profile information, so save it ina proper location.
Now if you have decided to permanently delete your account follow the steps below to execute:
Step1: Tap on the arrow displayed at the top right of any Facebook page.
Step2: Select Settings, click in the left column you Facebook Information
Step3: Click on the ‘Deactivation and Deletion’ option.
Step4: Select Delete Account, then click Continue to Account Deletion.
Step5: Enter your password, click Continue and then click Delete Account.
That’s it, folks, this was all about deleting and deactivating your Facebook account. We hope you found this article useful. For more such information keep visiting, we curate information around phone technology and also bring solutions related to issues with the software, phone applications, and accessories.