Even with the advanced features in today’s smartphones, you cannot easily manage hundreds of contacts manually. This task is very annoying and could take more time than you think. However, we should be happy that we have been offered an amazing feature called Contact Manager to perform such tasks. With the help of the Contact Manager, you can merge or remove unwanted or delete duplicate contacts from your iOS device in no time.
Apart from this, since you have been using your iOS device for quite a long time, it is obvious that your contact list would be full of duplicate contacts. Sometimes, you have been in the situation, looking for a specific contact, but due to lots of duplicacy; you cannot find the real one. And, at times, you would end up finding multiple contacts that belong to the same person.
Thinking of a solution? Well, here it is! The best you can do is delete all the duplicate contacts if none carries any useful information. Besides, if the contacts include information that is useful then you need to merge them into a master contact. There are a few hacks that can help you solve the issue which you can find later in the article.
How to Remove/Merge Duplicate Contacts From iPhone Manually
It is not advisable to delete duplicate contacts without knowing what information they comprise of. More often than not, you would find duplicate contacts on your iPhone which have different details. In such a case, you should not delete the contact directly, or else you will lose the information with it. If you ever get stuck into such a situation, then the best solution would be merging the contacts. Follow the mentioned steps below to merge contacts manually on your iPhone:
- Step 1: At first, click the Phone icon on your Home Screen.
- Step 2: Now, tap on Contacts from the bottom of the visible screen.
- Step 3: Now, look for the duplicate contact that you wanted to merge.
- Step 4: Next, tap on that contact.
- Step 5: Now, you would see the Contact screen on your iPhone. From the top right corner, tap on Edit.
- Step 6: Next, you need to scroll down until you find the link contact option.
- Step 7: Click on the Link Contact option.
- Step 8: Once you tap on the Link Contact option, you will be redirected to the Contact list. Now, choose the contact that you want to merge with the recent contact.
- Step 9: Once you choose the contact, you need to click on it to open it. Tap on the Link option from the top right side.
- Step 10: Finally, tap Done to merge the contact.
How to Delete Duplicate Contacts From iPhone One by One
Even though, what if all the duplicate contacts on your iPhone have the same information? In such a case, the best thing you can do is delete unnecessary contacts. Follow the steps mentioned below to delete/remove redundant contacts from your iPhone:
- Step 1: First, from your Home Screen, tap on the Phone icon.
- Step 2: Next, you need to click on the Contact, available at the bottom of the screen. Look for the contact that you wish to remove, and tap on it.
- Step 3: Next, tap on Edit, provided at the top-right corner.
- Step 4: Scroll down the page until you find Delete Contact. Now, tap on it.
- Step 5: Finally, click on the Delete Contact which would confirm that you really want to delete the contact.
How to Merge Duplicate Contacts From iPhone using a third-party app
After testing so many applications, we have narrowed down to the Cleanup Duplicate Contact. For few reasons, we find it very suitable to merge or delete the duplicate contacts from the iPhone. It has a simple procedure. Secondly, it is free.
However, if you want to merge the contacts, then you need to pay $1.99. Follow the steps mentioned below to merge/delete duplicate contacts using this app:
- Step 1: Firstly, you need to download and install Cleanup Duplicate Contacts app on your iPhone/iPad
- (This application requires iOS 10 or later version)
- Step 2: After installation, open Cleanup Duplicate Contacts app on your device.
- Step 3: Next, click on Analyse which would ask permission to access your contacts. Allow it.
- Step 4: As you can see after analyzing the contacts, this app will list down all the duplicate contacts.
- Step5: Next, tap on Review Duplicates.
- Step 6: Next, you need to select the Merge option from the top right corner.
- Step7: After the successful payment, this app will by default merge all the duplicate contacts which you have selected.
Rather than permitting the copied contacts to mess with your contact catalog, you can follow the straightforward advances laid out in this article to either merge or erase these contacts. The primary strategies will include a ton of work. This will consume a lot of your valuable time. In any case, when you go through Clean Duplicate Contact and iMyFone iOS application which is 100% FREE, you will get the opportunity to merge all your duplicate contacts in a flash
We hope that this article must have helped you in clearing/merging duplicate contacts from your iPhone. Moreover, if you have any queries regarding Android, iOS, Mac, and their accessories, feel free to reach out to us. Mention your issue in the comment section below so that we can guide you to the best solution for it. For more technical content, keep visiting our blog portal,i.e www.topmobiletech.com.
Tricks to Make Your Phone Not Reachable Without Switching it Off
iPhone iPad keyboard Missing or not Appearing Here’s How to Fix it
WhatsApp Video calling not working
How Telegram Secret Chat Work?