YouTube is a video creation platform that allows you to watch and upload videos as well as share, subscribe, and rate them according to your wish. Moreover, YouTube also gives you access to various Android and iOS applications and that makes watching videos more fun and exciting.
Regardless of YouTube being the most popular and powerful platform, there is no official way to loop a video on YouTube on both iPhone and Android phones. Our present generation is in desperate need of a YouTube video loop because you might want to watch or enjoy the same video a number of times and for that videos need to be on a loop.
Take, for example, you were learning guitar by watching a YouTube video and you might feel the need to watch it again just to be sure of the chords. YouTube has become an essential part of our life starting from watching just videos to making videos and earning from them.
In this article, you will get to know more about how to loop a YouTube video on your phone (both iOS and Android).
Most Common Alternative to Loop a Video on YouTube for Both iOS and Android
This alternative is the most common one as most of the users first switch to this one in order to put a YouTube video on loop. You need to create your own new playlist and add a single video to it in order to turn on the loop.
This alternative works for the YouTube application both on iOS and Android phones. To know how to do the same, just follow the instructions given below:
- Tap on your YouTube application on your device and then click on your profile icon located in the upper right-hand corner. Now sign in by entering your account name and password.
- Next, just click on the magnifier icon located near your profile icon to find the video you want to put on loop.
- Now just flip the three-dot icon right next to your video that you searched just now. then flip the save option on your playlist in the pop-up window.
- Now click on ‘create a new playlist’ to create your very own playlist and give it a name. Check on the privacy you want for that playlist from the public, unlisted, or private and then click on create.
- Next, go to the library in the bottom right-hand corner of the home screen.
- You will find the very new playlist that you created over there. Now you just need to play the video there.
- As soon as it starts playing, click on the first down-arrow icon below it and then click on the loop icon.
It’s done. Now you can enjoy your video on loop.
How to Loop a YouTube Video on Android Phone
Android users share an advantage when it comes to looping any YouTube video on their devices. If you are an android user then you can loop your YouTube video on your web browser.
You must be aware of the fact that YouTube allows its users to loop a video on the web version of YouTube. You just need to right-click on the video and tap on the loop option to loop your favorite video.
Android users have the freedom to use YouTube on their web browsers. It is more of an advantage to them as they get to use the loop option out there.
Check out the ways to Loop your YouTube video on your Android device:
- First, open any web browser on your Android device and go to m.youtube.com directly and this will block the browser from opening the YouTube application automatically.
- Now, click on the three-dot icon located in the upper-right hand corner of the page and click on the desktop option.
- Now, search and play your favorite video over there.
- Long press and hold the video to end up opening a pop-up menu.
- Next, click on the loop option from that menu. Now the video will play on loop till you close it yourself.
All Android users can use this effective method to put their favorite videos on loop.
How to Loop a Video By Using a Third-party Application
Besides the two tricks mentioned above, you can also use some third party applications to repeat your YouTube videos on both iOS and Android. There are various applications available worldwide that allow you to loop YouTube videos.
Basically, the compatibility of these applications completely depends on your device. Now that makes it difficult for you to decide whether to go for it now.
Firstly, you should know that these applications differ in their own ways. Some might loop the entire video while some might just loop a few sections of that video. Before using any of these applications, first, get a clear idea about what they are exactly going to do. Now that you know about their functions, check if it suits your requirements.
Some third-party Android Apps that you can use to loop YouTube Videos are:
- Repeat YouTube Videos
- Musepic: Repeat YouTube Videos
If by any chance you feel that none of these third-party applications is meeting your needs and requirements then don’t go for it. But this alternative will not only help you put your video on a loop but will also help you download it ( certain applications allow it).
The decision is yours to take whether you want to use these third-party applications or want to go with the other two alternatives above. Various users find it more convenient to download YouTube videos instead of putting them on loop.
Nowadays, downloading YouTube videos is not a big deal at all as there are various applications that allow you to do so. But then, third-party applications suffer a drawback and that is losing data accidentally. In most cases, this has happened because users lost their downloaded YouTube videos by using third-party android apps.
These accidents are generally caused due to any system failure, accidental deletion or iOS upgrade failure. But you can also restore the lost videos if you have a backup.
This concise piece is sure to give you some idea about third-party applications for playing any YouTube video on loop. You now know about two tricks that are compatible with both iPhone and Android, which is the first and third one and the second one is just for android users.
You can choose from all the three options that will best suit your preferences. The above guide is on how to loop your YouTube video on iPhone, Android and desktop. Just incorporate these methods to enjoy your favorite video on repeat without the fear of getting interrupted with any other video.