Apple users can quickly know about the weather conditions from the Weather widget and easily obtain access to Weather application. But most users face the issue of the weather widget not working at all or functions after updating iOS 11. They are not able to know about the weather Conditions from their devices.
How to Fix Weather Widget Not Working on iOS 11
Here are some of the best methods to fix the weather widget not working on iOS 11:
1. Begin From the Scratch
Follow the below-given steps:
- You need to swipe right from the left of the screen to open the Lock screen.
- Then scroll down to the bottom and click on Edit.
- You need to ensure that the Weather widget is added. If you do not add it as yet, click on the plus (+) button to the left of it.
- Then click on Done at the top to confirm.
- If Weather widget already added then click on the red button to delete it and then click on Done to confirm.
- Then restart your iPhone and re-add the widget.
- Then you need to force restarts your device by pressing and holding the on/off button and Home button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- When your device restarts, you need to go to the Lock screen to check if the Weather widget starts working or not.
2. Enable Weather to Utilize both Wi-Fi and Cellular
You need to ensure that the local weather is up to date on your device all the time. Follow the below-given steps to enable the Weather app to utilize both Wi-Fi and cellular data:
- You need to go to the Settings and then click on Cellular.
- Then scroll down to the Weather app and click on it.
- Then select the Wi-Fi & Cellular Data.
3. Enable Weather App to ‘Always’ Access Your Location
When you enable the Weather app to access your location, it always updates the local weather on your device. But if you select the option ‘While using the app’, it updates the local weather when you open the app. It is necessary that you should select the ‘Always’ option. Follow the below-given steps to enable weather app to ‘Always’ access your location:
- You need to open the Settings app on your iOS device. Then click on the Privacy option.
- Then click on Location Services and then click on Weather.
- Then you need to choose the Always option.
- Now, the Weather Widget updated on your device. You need to check if the Weather widget starts working or not.
Read More: Photo Stream Not Working On iPhone
4. Allow Background Applications Refresh
You need to continually refresh the data in the background to allow the weather app to work smoothly. Follow the below-given steps:
- You need to open the Settings and then click on the General
- Then go to the weather app and turn Background app refresh on
- Then you need to restart your iPhone and check if the weather app is working or not.
5. Reset Location and Privacy
If the weather widget not working after updating iOS 11, you can follow the below-given steps to resolve this issue:
- You need to open the Settings and then click on the General.
- Then tap on Reset
- Then you need to tap on Reset location and Privacy and confirm Ok.
6. Reset All settings on iPhone
You can also reset all settings on your iPhone to fix the issue of the weather widget not working on your device. Follow the below-given steps:
- You need to go to the Settings and then click on the General.
- Then tap on Reset
- Then click on Reset all settings and confirm Ok.
7. Turn On/Off Location Services for Weather App
Follow the below-given steps:
- You need to go to the Settings.
- Then scroll down and click on Privacy.
- Then click on Location Services.
- Then search the Weather app from the list and click on it.
- There are three options under Allow Location Access: Never, While Using the App, and Always. You need to click on Never.
- Then choose Never to Disable Location Service for Weather App
- This turns Location Services off for the Weather app. You need to follow the same steps to turn Location Services on for the Weather app.
Read More: Bluetooth Not Working in iOS 12
8. Delete and Re-Add Weather Widget
If you remove the Weather widget from the list and re-add the same widget on your phone, it can work better. Follow the below-given steps to delete Weather widget:
- Firstly you need to unlock your iPhone screen and swipe from left to right.
- Then swipe from Left to Right to Access Widget on iPhone
- Then the Widget screen displays. You need to scroll down to the bottom and click on the Edit button.
- Then click on Edit to Customize Widgets in iPhone
- Then you can view the Add Widgets screen.
- Here, all the Widgets that you use on your iPhone appear. You need to click on the red circle before the Weather widget.
- You can view a remove button on the right side of the phone screen.
- Then click on Remove and this Weather widget deletes from the device.
- Then you need to again add this Widget by following the same steps. You ensure to turn on Location Services on your iPhone if this feature is disabled.
- Then click on Plus (+) icon to add weather widget on the iPhone and then click on Done.
9. Upgrade iOS on your device
When you upgrade iOS on your device, it fixes few software glitches and bugs on your iPhone. Follow the below-given steps to fix the issue of weather widget not working by updating iOS on your iPhone:
- You need to open the Settings then click on General and then click on Software Update.
- Then your iPhone starts checking for new updates.
- If there is any new update available, you need to click on Update and install it to update the iOS version.
You can try to uninstall and reinstall the app by clicking on the app icon in the app drawer and hold it until the icon starts wiggling. Then click on the X button on the app’s icon and then click on Confirm. But the above-mentioned methods are very effective and you have to follow each step carefully to fix the issue of the weather widget not working.