WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging services across the world. You can back up the WhatsApp data both manually and automatically. You can set the WhatsApp to back up the data daily, weekly or monthly depending on your requirement and preference.
Backup Whatsapp Messages on iPhone
Here are the ways to backup WhatsApp messages on iPhone:
Backup and Restore WhatsApp with iCloud
You can back up the WhatsApp on iPhone using iCloud. Follow the below-given steps to take WhatsApp backup on iCloud:
- You need to open WhatsApp.
- Then open its Settings then click on Chat Settings and then click on Chat Backup. In some iOS versions, you need to open the Settings and then click on Backup.
- Then click on the Backup Now button. This allows you to schedule the WhatsApp backup frequency as well.
- This way you can take the backup of your WhatsApp chats on iCloud.
Read More: WhatsApp strikethrough text
Follow the below-given steps to restore WhatsApp chats:
- You need to go to WhatsApp on the target device.
- You need to set up your WhatsApp account to recover the chats. If you already use WhatsApp, you need to uninstall it and reinstall it again.
- You also required giving your number for verification.
- Then WhatsApp automatically gives an option to restore the previous backup.
- You need to click on the Restore Chat History or the Restore Backup option.
- Then wait for a few minutes as your phone restore the backup. You ensure that your iPhone connects to a stable internet connection and links to the same iCloud account.
Email Your WhatsApp Chats for Backup
If you want to backup specific chats on WhatsApp, you can use this method. There is an option either to email individual conversations or email group chats. Follow the below-given steps:
- You need to go to the WhatsApp on your iPhone and choose the chat that you want to save.
- Then swipe left to see its options. Then click on More and choose Email Chat. In some iOS versions, it is listed as Email Conversations.
- Then you need to attach media or not in the backup.
- Then you need to enter your email id and send the email.
Auto Back-Up WhatsApp Chat History
You can opt auto-backup option if you do not want to back up the chat history manually. You can select and set it daily, weekly or monthly. Follow the below-given steps to auto back-up WhatsApp Chat history:
- You need to open WhatsApp.
- Then click on the Settings icon at the bottom right corner
- And then click on Chats and then click Chat Backup.
- Then click on Auto-Backup and choose the preferred frequency.
Retrieve Removed WhatsApp Messages from iTunes Backup
If you regularly take back up your iPhone to iTunes, you can retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages from the iTunes backups. Follow the below-given steps:
- You need to launch iTunes and plug your iPhone.
- Then tap on the iPhone icon and choose Restore Backup.
- Then choose the backup file includes the WhatsApp messages that you want and then tap the Restore tab.
Retrieve WhatsApp Chat Messages and Photos from Backup on iPhone
Follow the below-given steps to restore WhatsApp Chat Messages and Photos from Backup on iPhone:
- First of all, you need to sign in with the same Apple ID that you use while taking the backup.
- Then go to the WhatsApp on your iPhone and open it.
- Then you need to use the same phone number to sign into WhatsApp.
- Then a window prompts to restore the backup from iCloud. Then click Restore Chat History.
- When the process completes successfully, your photos and other media restore in the background once the messages restore.
Apple users can automatically backup and restore the WhatsApp chat history while recovering deleted WhatsApp messages. Sometimes an error occurs that the WhatsApp backup to iCloud stuck. This happens if the backup file is too large or the network disconnection. Here are the methods to fix WhatsApp iCloud backup stuck issue.
Check Network Connection
If you take backup using iCloud, you must have a very powerful and stable internet connection. If there is no stable internet connection, the issue may occur with the backup process and also causes the WhatsApp backup stuck problem. It is necessary that your Wi-Fi connection is strong enough to manage the iCloud backup process. You can also reset your network settings on your device to fix the WhatsApp back up messages stuck issue. This method deletes your network settings such as Wi-Fi passwords or VPN settings. Follow the below-given steps:
- You need to open the Settings then click on General.
- Then click on Reset and then click on Reset Network Settings.
Then you need to enter the passcode and confirm resetting by clicking again on Reset Network Settings.
Check iCloud Storage
It is necessary that you should check the iCloud storage in your device if WhatsApp backup to iCloud gets stuck. Follow the below-given steps to check iCloud Storage:
- You need to open the Settings app.
- Then click on iCloud and then click Storage.
- Then check and manage space if needed.
- You can remove your old backups to delete extra apps that you do not require.
- Then you need to check if the WhatsApp messages back up still get stuck or it works now.
Hard Reboot iPhone
You can also use this method as it cleans the minor software glitch of your device. Follow the below-given steps to hard reset according to the device you own:
- iPhone 6 and Previous Model users: You need to press the Power button along with the Home button for approximately 10 seconds. Then release the buttons when the Apple logo displays on the screen.
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus users: You need to press Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Then release the buttons when you view the Apple logo on the screen.
iPhone 11/XS/8/8 Plus users: You need to press the Volume Up tab and release it and then push down the Volume Down tab and release it. Then hold and press the Side tab when you view the Apple logo on the screen.
Change WhatsApp Auto Backup Frequency
This method is also helpful if the WhatsApp to iCloud stuck. If you have decreased the backup frequency, you can disable the auto backup service to check if this WhatsApp backup issue resolves. Follow the below-given steps to change WhatsApp auto backup frequency:
- You need to go to the WhatsApp application on your device.
- Then open the Settings then click on Chats and then click on Chat Backup.
Then choose the Auto Backup option and switch the backup frequency to Daily.
Backup All iPhone Data using iTunes Including WhatsApp
Follow the below-given steps to back up your WhatsApp using iTunes:
- You need to plug your iOS device to PC and open iTunes on it.
- Then check the device icon and click on the Summary option.
Then you need to tap on the Back Up Now option under the Backups section.
Upgrade iOS Version
You can also perform this method of upgrading iOS to the newest version. The new version has various new features and also fixes several bugs for iPhone such as WhatsApp backup to iCloud stuck and many more. This method can delete your data on your iPhone. It is necessary to back up all your data. Follow the below-given steps to upgrade iOS version:
- You need to open the Settings app.
- Then click on the General tab.
- Then you need to check Software Update for updates.
- If there is any software update available, click on download and install it.
You can backup WhatsApp messages on iPhone with the above-mentioned easy methods. If the error of WhatsApp backup to iCloud stuck occurs, you can fix this issue with the above-mentioned methods. All the methods are very easy and beneficial.