One should never forget to delete or remove your Apple ID before selling away iPhone to someone else. iPhone has been coming up with a lot many updates all these while, and here in 2019, again iPhone launched its new data and privacy portal wherein one is allowed to change iOS data that share iOS data with the company.
Also, with that, one can delete Apple account ID from iPhone/Mac/iPad. It often happens that people switch from mobiles to mobiles and in order to start afresh and therefore, these new settings have been launched.
Steps To Remove Your Apple ID From iPhone
There are a set of steps that are to be followed to remove Apple’s account ID from iPad/ iPhone/mac.
Firstly, we need to remove all the devices which are already connected with iPhone/iPad. This is needed because once done with this, one can quickly sign in with a new device, or these devices can be used without Apple account ID.
- Firstly, go to the apple website and sign in with your Apple account ID
- Once done with it, enter two-factor authentication code
- Go to Device section, choose your device and remove it
- Click on Remove this device
- Like this, delete all your connected devices
How To Remove Devices Connected With Apple ID On IOS?
- Go into Settings
- Tap on the Apple ID at the top of the main screen
- Scroll onto the Apple devices and tap on the device which is to be removed
- Select Remove to confirm
How To Disable Find My iPhone, iPad, Mac?
There are devices (iPhone/mac/apple watch, etc.), link with your Apple ID that has to find my iPhone settings. We also need to remove Apple ID from these so that in future, the Apple ID is no longer link with these devices.
Disable Find My iPhone/iPad
- Go into Settings
- Click on the Apple ID at the top of the main screen and click on iCloud
- Scroll down and click on the Find my phone
- Now toggle off the Find my phone
- Enter the password and confirm to turn off.
Now all you have to do is to Sign out of everything.
How To Sign Out Your Apple ID Account on IOS?
- Go into Settings
- Click on Apple ID at the main screen and scroll down to sign out
- Enter the password and confirm it
How to sign out the Apple ID account On Mac?
We will now sign out of your Apple ID account from Mac
- Launch System preference on your Mac
- Click on iCloud and then click on Sign out in the bottom left corner
- If you wish to keep a copy of iCloud data on Mac, then click on Keep a copy, otherwise click on Continue.
Now, as you have Signed out your apple ID from IOS and Mac both.
Deleting Your Account Using Apple’s Data And Privacy Portal
- Visit website
- Log in with the Apple ID and password, go ahead with the two-factor authentication code and click on Continue.
- Click on the Get started and Delete your account.
- Review the information related to the deletion of account because apple cross verifies on any request pertaining to deletion of accounts and mentions that it might take up to 7 days to delete the account.
- Continue following Apple’s recommended steps to delete the account.
- Choose your reason for deleting the account using the pull-down menu and click on Continue.
- Again, review the information regarding the deletion of account and click on Continue
- Review the terms and conditions relating to deletion and mark check on the box to confirm that you have read and agreed to the conditions.
- Click on Continue and choose a contact method that will be used for account-related updates.
- Click on Continue and write down or take a print out of unique access code (This can be used to cancel your account deletion processor can help to verify you if you need to contact Apple support).
- Enter the access code (which you have written down or taken a print out) to confirm that you have it and click on Continue.
- Click on Delete account to delete your account and all associated data with it.
- By now, Apple will start its verification process before deleting your account, and your account will remain active during this period and till 7 days for the verification to complete.
Further, in the future, if you visit the Apple’s data and privacy portal using the account which you wish to remove/delete, you will see a notification on the right side stating that your account is being deleted.
We hope this article will help you remove your Apple ID from iPhone and iPad. If you have any queries regarding Android and iOS accessories, feel free to reach out to us. You can mention your issue in the comment section below, and we will be providing you the most convenient solution for the same.