iPhone X is an awesome and great smartphone as it has OLED display, new camera design, Face ID and many other best features. But some users also complain about bugs in the iPhone X as its battery drains fast. This issue occurs after updating the iPhone to the iOS 11.2 software. Here are the ways to improve iPhone x battery life:
Improve iPhone x Battery Life
Check out Battery Consumption on Your iPhone
First of all, you need to check detail about the battery consumption on your device. Follow the given below steps:
- You need to go to the Settings then Battery and see at the power consumption on your device.
- You can see the battery utilization of the last 24 hours and seven days.
- The apps that you use most consume more battery than you do not use much.
- If you find any apps consuming more battery, you can delete and reinstall them.
Restart Your iPhone X
You can restart your iPhone X if its battery drains rapidly while charging, sleeping or not in use. Follow the given below steps to restart your iPhone X:
- You have to press down the Volume up button and release it.
- Then press down the Volume down button and release it.
- You need to hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.Read Also: How to turn off iPhone X
Use Low Power Mode
Low Power Mode can assist you to extend the battery life of your iPhone X.
- When you enable Low Power Mode, it turns off several features such as automatic downloads, mail fetch, Hey Siri, visual effects, background app refresh, and many more.
- Moreover, it also reduces the visual effects.
- You need to go to the Settings app then Battery and then Turn On Low Power Mode.
- When you install many apps, there is a higher chance that one or a few of them need to run in the background or connect to remote computers/servers to get updates.
- Some of these apps may consume more power.
- It is necessary that you should install only the necessary apps to extend the battery life of your iPhone.
- If you do not actively use any app, they still can drain the battery.
- Social networking and e-commerce apps use more battery. It is better to remove them from your iPhone. You can only install apps you browse and visit every day.
- You should avoid non-essential apps that require new information most of the time from servers to update their content. These apps may be games that constantly connect to leader-board, social networking apps that sync all the time, shopping apps, and many more.
Avoid Using Dynamic Wallpaper
- Dynamic Wallpapers of iPhone X are really amazing.
- The animated wallpapers consuming a lot of battery.
- It is necessary that you should avoid using them to improve the battery life of the iPhone X.
Turn off Location Services
Location Services is a useful feature but it can also consume a lot of battery power. Location Services is useful only for some apps and services, so if you have a low battery, you can turn off the location services. It utilizes GPS and Bluetooth along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspots and cellular towers to determine the location of your device. If you use various apps all the time, it can consume more power. Follow the given below steps to turn Location Services on or off for specific apps:
- You need to go to Settings then Privacy and then Location Services.
- You ensure that the Location Services is on.
- Then scroll down to find the app.
- Then tap the app and select an option:
- Never: Stopobtaining Location Services information.
- While Using the App: Enables access to Location Services only if you see the app or one of its features on the screen. If an app is set to While Using the App, you may view your status bar turn blue with a message that an app is actively using your location.
- Always: Enables access to your location even when the app is in the background.
When you customize locations service features, apps can say why it may require the feature again. Some apps may require location service features in order to work so you may only search for two options.
Never Keep Apps Remain Open in the Background
When you use an app, ensure to quit it. This method plays an effective role in maintaining the battery on your device.
Turn off Automatic App Downloads and Updates
Auto app downloads and update is one of the useful features.
- If you do not want apps to update without your permission or automatically download apps purchased on other devices sync with the same iCloud, turn it off.
- It can improve the battery life of your iPhone X.
- You need to go to the settings then iTunes & App Store and then Disable Automatic Downloads.
Disable Auto-Fetching of New Data
New data is auto-fetch to your account on your iOS device.
- You also have the option to completely disable it or fetch data manually.
- For this, you need to click on Settings then Accounts & Passwords then Fetches New Data and then Manually.
If auto-brightness is on, it automatically customizes the brightness of your iPhone according to the ambiance. Sometimes, it may fail to read the environment properly. You can then disable it and adjust the brightness manually. Follow the given below steps to enable auto-brightness:
- You need to open the Settings app on your iOS device then tap on General.
- Then tap on Accessibility.
- Then tap on Display Accommodations.
- You need to turn off the switch next to Auto-Brightness.
Enable True Tone Display
True Tone display modifies the iOS device screen according to the ambient lighting conditions to create colors consistent in different environments.
- It also minimizes eyestrain and form images on the display that look more natural.
- If you turn it on, it helps you to extend the battery life on the iPhone X.
Clean Up Your Device
It is essential to clean the cache and junk files from time to time to make sure that the device remains uncluttered. These also affect the performance of your device.
It is necessary to keep the apps updated.
- The outdated versions of apps cause problems such as consume more power, slow down the device and many more.
- You need to open App Store then Updates and then update all the apps.
Reset All Settings
If you cannot control the battery draining issue, you can reset all settings.
- It can wipe out all the existing settings and set your device at factory default.
- But all of your data and media remain safe.
- You need to open Settings then General then Reset and then Reset All Settings and confirm.
Update iOS on Your iPhone
You may update the iPhone to the latest version.
- It is necessary that you should update your device to make sure that it continues to run smoothly.
- If the update available, you need to open the Settings app then General then Software Update and then Download and Install.
Turn off keyboard clicks
If you regularly use the touch keyboard of the iPhone then there is a requirement to generate audio keyboard clicks that can add to the power consumption of the iPhone. Follow the given below steps to turn off keyboard clicks:
- You need to go to Settings
- Then click on Sounds
- Then turn Keyboard clicks to Off
Disable Raise to Wake
- The raise to wake feature turns on the iPhone screen when you pick up it and this also utilizes some battery power.
- You need to open Settings then Display & Brightness to toggle off this function.
- This method is also great to increase the iPhone X battery life.
Restore to Factory Settings
You can also restore iPhone X to factory settings to improve the iPhone X battery life. It is necessary to back up the iPhone before restoring. Follow the given below steps to restore iPhone X to factory settings:
- You need to open iTunes and connect the iPhone to the computer.
- Then click the phone icon when detected.
- Then click the Restore iPhone option to get your device to its original state.
You can improve the iPhone X battery life from the above-mentioned methods. You need to follow each step carefully.