Apple frequently releases new updates. If there is a new update, it automatically downloads on your iPhone or iPad if your phone connects to the Wi-Fi.
- When your iPhone or iPad connects to the Wi-Fi, you continuously get the reminders and pop-ups to install iOS software updates.
- Sometimes Apple users do not want to install the updates on their iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch because of full storage space or they find the existing iOS system great.
- It is better if you install these updates on your iPhone or iPad. These updates come with many important updates that help to improve the overall security of your device.
Remove Software Update Download From iPhone iPad
But most users do not want to update the new software instantly. These updates are enormous in size.
- It always causes a problem if they automatically downloaded on your device even if you do not want to update your devices immediately.
- Some users also find that if they download a new update file, it may cause a problem because it occupies valuable space on their iPhone.
You can easily delete the iOS update from your iPhone. The process of removing software updates varies slightly for the iOS versions older than iOS 11 and the newer versions due to the changes to its Settings app that Apple has made. Here is the way to remove software update download from iPhone or iPad:
Delete the Downloaded iOS Update on iPhone or iPad for Versions before iOS 11:
Follow the given below steps:
- You need to go to the Settings app. Then open the General settings icon.
- Then scroll down until Storage & iCloud Usage appears. Then tap on it to enter its sub-menu.
- Then you need to choose Manage Storage in the sub-menu.
- Then there is a list of all the apps appear that occupies more space on your iPhone or iPad.
- Then go to the iOS update from this list and click on it.
- Then you can delete the update file from the detail page.
- Then you simply click on it and then tap on confirm to remove the downloaded updated completely from your device.
Delete the Downloaded iOS Update on iPhone or iPad for iOS 11 and Later:
Follow the given below steps:
- You need to open the Settings and then go to the General.
- Then click on it to go into its sub-menu.
- Then you see that the Storage & iCloud Usage split into two separate menus.
- iCloud has another separate setting menu to display its space. You need to choose the iPhone or iPad Storage option.
- Then the list of all the apps and downloads appear that occupy space on your device.
- Then you need to choose the downloaded iOS update file and then click on it.
- Then click on the delete option and confirm to permanently delete the downloaded files from your device.
Update Your iOS Device in the Future
You can easily update your device in the future once you deleted the update files completely from your iOS device. These updates are still available on Apple servers. You can download these updates anytime you need to update your iPhone or iPad. If you install these updates on your iPhone, it helps to improve the overall security of your device. Follow the given below steps if you want to update your device later once you deleted the iOS update file:
- You need to open the Settings then click on General and then Software Update.
- Then it detects and downloads the valid iOS update file for your updating.
- You need to ensure that you have a stable network connection at the time of updating your iPhone or iPad.
Prevent an iOS Software Update and Downloads in iTunes
When iTunes notifies you about the new software updates and you click to Check for Update or Download and Update, you can quickly stop the update if you do not want to update it. Follow the given below steps to stop iOS software update and downloads in iTunes:
- You need to tap the Download button in the upper-right corner of iTunes.
- Then check for the iPhone Software Update or iPad Software Update entry.
- Then tap on the X small stop button to close the download and stop the iOS software update.
- Then the progress bar of the iOS software update in iTunes changes to stop the download and update process.
- Then you need to choose the item in the download list and tap the Delete key to remove it.
- You can also repeat this process if the update accidentally starts to download.
The iOS update sometimes quickly downloads and start to install due to fast internet connection and some software updates that are quite small. When the update installs itself, you need to complete the process.
Stop iTunes to check for an iOS Update by ignoring an iOS Update
- You can ignore the update if you want to keep iTunes to check for the same iOS update that you just stopped.
- When you view the pop-up in iTunes, you need to select the Do not ask me again option checkbox.
- You do not have to select download or install it. This is the simplest way to do so.
Apple always offers software updates on the iDevices. These new software updates are very important and beneficial for your iOS devices. These updates include new features, performance improvements and security protection to your devices and make your iPhone or iPad up to date.
Sometimes if these updates are available, it automatically downloaded through Wi-Fi and prompts you to install the new update on your device. But if you do not want to download it because of the small storage capacity in your device, you can remove the software update. You can easily remove software update download from iPhone or iPad with the above-mentioned methods. You need to follow each step carefully.
How to block websites on safari on mac OS x Yosemite?
How to Leave a Group Chat in Messages for iOS on iPhone and iPad
How to Make iPhone Speak Caller Name Number
How to install WatchOS 5.3 beta 6 on apple watch without developer account?