The Health app is an in-built iOS application that Apple users utilize to keep track of their health information. It stores all your health-related data from your iPhone. You can keep track of your physical activities with this app. It displays how many steps you walk, how many kilometers you walk, and various other data related to your health.
Your iPhone counts your steps if you carry it along with you. The Health app’s steps and walking/running distance features give you accurate data. iPhones automatically measures the steps you take when you walk or run.
Here is the way to track steps and walking distance using iPhone health app:
Track Steps and Walking Distance Using Health App in Your iPhone
Follow the below-given steps:
- You need to open the Health app.
- Then click on Health Data.
- Then click on Fitness.
- Then you need to turn on Show on Dashboard that displays Flights Climbed, Walking and Running Distance.
- Then click on each one of them and then switch on Show on Dashboard one by one.
- You need to click on Flights Climbed and switch on Show on Dashboard
- You need to click on Steps and switch on Show on Dashboard.
- You need to click on Walking and Running Distance and switch on Show on Dashboard board
- Then go back to the Dashboard tab on the Health app and check these three functions that you just enabled.
You can also place apps for sending information to the Health app, enter information yourself, and change how Health prioritizes data from those sources.
1. Include information or Data to the Health app
The Health app automatically measures your steps, walking, and running distances. But if you already use another app to track your health, you can also include data from the app to Health. This way you can gather all your information in one place. Follow the below-given steps to enter information about your health:
- You need to go to the Health app and click the Browse tab.
- Then click on the Activity tab.
- Then click a subcategory Steps tab.
- Then you can add Data in the upper-right corner.
- You can enter the date, time, and data for that activity.
When you enter all the details, you need to click Add.
2. Include Data from other Apps by following below-given steps:
- You need to go to the Health app.
- Then click your profile picture in the upper-right corner.
- Then click Apps under Privacy. The apps that you own and compatible with Health displays here.
- Then click an app and turn on the health categories that you want the app can track.
- Then you need to open the app and adjust its settings to enable it to share data with Health.
3. Search Apps compatible with Health by following the below-given steps:
- You need to go to the Health app and click the Browse tab.
- Then click a category Sleep.
- Then click a subcategory Sleep Analysis.
- Then scroll down to the apps recommended for that category.
- Then click an app to learn about and download it.
- Then you need to go back to your privacy settings in the Health app to enable that app to read or write data in the Health app.
- You need to choose the information that you want into the Health app and the apps that get your information from Health.
4. Organize Data Sources
Follow the below-given steps to select the sources that Health uses first:
- You need to go to the Health app and then click the Browse tab.
- Then click a category and then click a subcategory.
- Then scroll down and click Data Sources & Access.
- Then click Edit.
- Then touch and hold the Change Order button next to a data source and drag it up or down in the list.
- You can disable data source so that it does not provide any more data for that category.
- Then click the checkmark next to the source. Then click Done.
- If there are multiple sources that provide a similar data type then the data source at the top takes priority over other sources.
- If you add any new apps or devices, it reflects at the top of the list automatically on your iPhone.
At times, iPhone users face the issue that the Apple Health app is not working on their devices. You cannot monitor your physical activities until you fix the app.
Here are the Methods to fix the Apple Health App Issues
1. Reboot Your iPhone
If the app stops working, you can reboot your iPhone that can fix the Health app issue on your phone. Follow the below-given steps to reboot your iPhone:
- You need to press and hold down the Power button on your device for a few seconds.
- Then drag the slider and your phone turn off.
- Then you need to again press and hold down the Power button and your iPhone boot-up.
- Then open the Health app to check if it is working now.
2. Force Reboot Your iPhone
You can also perform force rebooting if the normal reboot method does not work on your device. You can perform this method if the app crashes and you are unable to reboot your device normally. Follow the below-given steps to force reboot your iPhone:
- You need to press and hold down the Home and Power buttons simultaneously for about ten seconds.
- When you view the Apple logo on your iPhone, release the buttons and your iPhone then force a reboot.
- Then you need to open the Health app to check if it working or not.
3. Allow the Health App in Privacy Settings of your iPhone
You can manage the apps to access data on your iPhone with the Privacy settings. If you set these options to be too restrictive, the Health app may be restricted to gather data of your activities and does not work on your device. Follow the below-given steps to allow the Health App in Privacy Settings of your iPhone:
- You need to open the Settings app.
- Then scroll down and click on the Privacy tab that opens the privacy settings panel for your iPhone.
- Then there are a number of options displays on the screen. You need to click on Motion & Fitness.
- Then enable the Health option.
- Then you need to open the app on your iPhone, walk a few steps, and check if it records them.
4. Display Steps on the Dashboard of the Health App
If the Health app of your iPhone does not display data, that data is hidden from the main dashboard. You can easily bring your data to the dashboard by following the below-given steps:
- You need to open the Health app of your iPhone.
- Then scroll down at the bottom and then click on the Health Data.
- Then various kinds of data display on the screen the app gathered for you.
- Then click on any of them and turn on Show on Dashboard option.
- Then the missing data display on the dashboard of the Health app for the iPhone.
5. Retrieve Your Health Data Using iTunes Backup
You can retrieve your Health data through the iTunes backup. Follow the below-given steps:
- You need to open iTunes. Then click on the Preferences and then click on Devices. Then choose your iPhone.
- Then select the iTunes backup file that carries your deleted Health data.
- Then tap on Restore Backup.
- Then select Erase all content settings and then click Erase Now
- Then your iPhone restarts.
The data on your iPhone totally deleted and you can now restore by following the below-given steps:
- You need to go to the Apps & Data page
- Then choose Restore from iTunes Backup from the Apps & Data screen.
- Then you need to Sign in to iTunes with the password.
- Then select Backup and choose your most recent iTunes backup file.
- Then the missing Health data available in the backup file.
- You need to again open your Health app to check if the problem resolves.
6. Reinstall the Health app
If the app still does not work, you can reinstall it. Follow the below-given steps to reinstall the app:
- You need to open the Applications tab on your iPhone in iTunes and uncheck the Health app
- Then choose Sync to uninstall the app
- Then recheck the Health app
- Then choose Sync to reinstall the app.
- You need to wait for few minutes to reinstall the Health app.
- Then open your Health app again to check if you can also restore your Health app by retrieving it from the App Store and install it.
You can easily track the steps walking and distance using the iPhone health app and also manage the Health app with the above-mentioned instructions. If you face the issue that the Health app is not working, you can fix this issue with the above-mentioned methods.
How to Create & Send GIF in WhatsApp on iPhone
How Can I Unlock My Device from a Previous Owner’s Apple ID?
How to print from your iPhone and iPad with or without AirPrint
Best iPhone Games that You and Your Friends can Play Together