Apple News app on macOS Mojave is officially available in the US, UK, and Australia only. If you do not live in these countries, you cannot use the Apple News app. But you can get an Apple News app on macOS Mojave if you live outside the US, UK, and Australia and here is the way:
Apple News App on macOS Mojave
Follow the given below steps:
- You need to tap on the Apple menu at the top left corner.
- Then tap on System Preferences and then Language & Region.
- Then tap on the drop-down menu next to Region. You need to select the United States from the list of countries.
- Then restart your computer.
- When it reboots, you need to open Launchpad. Then Apple News lives on the screen.
- If you do not view the News app in Launchpad, you need to go to the Applications folder in Finder to access the app.
- Then drag the News app from the Applications folder and drop it on the Launchpad.
You cannot access the News app or it disappears if you change your country. It is better to access Apple News app on your macOS Mojave till it releases officially in your country.
Read Also: 15 Top Golf Apps for Apple Watch & iPhone
Place the Preferred language order After Changing the Region
When you change the region on your iPhone, it automatically includes a new language to your operating system. If the current language is not your native language, you can change that language from the settings. Follow the given below steps to set the preferred language after changing the region:
- You need to go to the Settings from your Home screen.
- Then click on General.
- Then click on Language & Region.
- Then click Edit in the upper right corner of the screen.
- You need to drag your native language to the top of the list.
- Then tap Done in the upper right side of the screen.
- Then click Continue to confirm the language reorder.
It enables you to keep your native language to the top of the list for most content. Apps and websites such as News app that do not support your native language switch to the second language when you open them.
Apple adds Apple News app with a new iOS 12 Update and macOS Mojave Update for Mac. You can fix the real-time problems or get the solution on Apple News App Problems on Mac. The New app added in its inbuilt apps in every iOS devices such as Mac, MacBook, iPad, and iPod.
Open News App in macOS Mojave
- You can easily open any application and file in Mac and MacBook.
- You need to press Command+ Space Bar and when you view the Spotlight search bar, type the News app and hit enter.
- When you download the news app forcefully, you may not get a spotlight search.
- Then you need to go to Finder then Applications and then News.
Classifications in News App: Search News Channel & Follow
You can search for new News Channels and Topics by using a Smart search in the News app. Follow the given below steps to Search News Channel & Follow:
- You need to scroll down the left surface from top to bottom.
- There are two parts in the News app in macOS Mojave and those are Following and Suggested by Siri.
- The following section contains the Top Stories and Today’s News.
- When you tap on the Like button the Siri suggestion automatically sets that topic in the Following part.
- If you dislike the topic, it set that item into Blocked Channels and Topics. It locates on the bottom left of the News App in macOS Mojave.
Save Channels, Save Stories, Block Channel and Subscribe Channel
When you click on the File menu on the top of the window, you can follow the channel, save stories, Block Channel and Subscribe channel. Follow the given below steps:
- You need to go to File Menu then save Story with Command + S. This option saves the story on the News app.
- When you want to open the save stories, you need to scroll down the left menu.
- Then you can view Saved Stories on the bottom.
- If you forget to save the story then you need to go to History. From here, you can get the recently viewed stories.
Clear Save Story:
There is also the option to clear save the story. Follow the given below steps:
- You need to open the History on the top right corner.
- You can see one more option available in the Apple New App that is Clear.
- Then tap on Clear in History to clear all history.
Personalize the Following Section: News App Sidebar
You can personalize what you want to view and what do you want to include in the Following section. Follow the given below steps:
- You need to tap on Browse Channels and Topic. Then from that page tap on the Heart symbol and then hit Done.
- You can edit that sidebar. Then tap on Edit.
- Then you can Drag and Drop to rearrange the list or Add or Delete, manage until you do not satisfy by the sidebar.
Bookmark news story in Apple News app in iOS 9
Follow the given below steps:
- You need to go to the News App from the home screen on your iPhone or iPad.
- Then find your new channel with the title or from suggestions New Categories.
- Then you get the latest news update with Title or Photo and you can read in full-screen view by just click on it.
- If you like and do not want to create the copy for later reading, you can save or Bookmark easily from the beneath tab of the screen. Then click on the Copy icon.
- Then you can have Bookmark news story in the Apple News app without any verification and limitations.
You can get Apple News App on macOS Mojave outside the US, UK, and Australia from the above-mentioned way. You need to follow each step carefully.
20 Paid iPad and iPhone Apps & Games Gone Free Today
How to Fix iPhone Stuck in Headphones Mode, Speaker Not Working
How to Use a PS4 or Xbox One controller on Mac
How to Transfer SMS & iMessage from Old iPhone to new iPhone XS/XR/X/8 Plus