Videos on Instagram: Youtube has become the most entertaining medium worldwide. It connects people from every corner of the world as anyone can start their own channel by uploading their videos. Not only entertainment but youtube is also a great medium for learning and knowledge sharing.
Post YouTube Videos on Instagram
If you are looking for a new recipe or want to some help in a subject or want to play nursery rhyme for your kid youtube has all the solutions for you.
Millions of video content are uploaded on youtube daily and the tremendous number of people view and download such videos. Out of these never-ending video, you may wish to share some of them with your friends or would like to post on your social media sites like Instagram.
In this article we are going to take you through all the steps you’ll need to take in order to post a video from YouTube to Instagram.
Although you cannot share youtube videos directly on your Instagram profile but will be able to post downloaded and even edit it as per your choice. Posting a youtube video will not take much of your time. You can post your favorite youtube video in three major steps mentioned below.
Step1: Download youtube video
Step2: Convert your video as per Instagram’s video requirement and edit it as per your choice.
Step3: Upload the video on your Instagram account.
We will upload the video following these basic steps, read the guidelines we have written and simultaneously upload a youtube video on Instagram. This way it would be much more convenient for you, also you will post your favorite youtube video within few minutes without even knowing it.
Download Videos from YouTube
To post youtube videos on Instagram the first thing to do is to download it, you can either download the video on your computer. There are several ways and medium which can be used to download youtube videos.
Downloading YouTube video to a computer
To download youtube videos on your PC, you can take the help of third-party software. There are many software and even online platform available nowadays, which allows you to download your favorite video on your desktop.
Some best third-party software for youtube video downloaders are TubeMate YouTube Downloader, Y2 Mate Downloader, FastestTube, ClipConverter.cc, etc. With all this software, you can choose the format and size of videos before you download.
- So to begin with youtube download, first, choose a downloader and download it first on your computer. If you wish to download the above-mentioned software just tap on it download link will be opened.
- After you have picked and downloaded the software on your PC let’s start downloading youtube video. Open youtube play video you wish to download and copy the video’s URL.
- Now open the youtube video downloader and paste the URL into its input box. Before you click the download button, select a format and size for the videos. To post the video on Instagram MP4 file extension is most preferable.
- These tools will save the video on your computer at your preferred location. You can also connect your mobile phones and copy the video files from the computer onto your mobile.
- Note that: Some of the online platform downloaders will convert the URL into a link that will be sent to your email address. You can access the video link after opening your mail on your computer or even on your mobile phones.
Step 1: Downloading YouTube videos to a mobile device
In case you want to stream downloaded youtube videos on your mobile phones, it is obvious that you don’t like to transfer files from computer to mobile phones again and again. In such a case why not download youtube videos directly to your mobile phones.
As your desktop, you can download your favorite youtube videos with the help of some application or using an online platform.
The method to download youtube videos for two different operating systems i.e iOS and Android is different. Here we have mentioned how to download the video for iOS devices as well as on Android devices.
Download youtube videos on your iOS devices
The procedure to download videos to iOS devices is a bit complicated and takes more steps comparatively to Android devices and Desktop. Let’s start with the steps of downloading videos on your iPhone or iPads.
- Start with downloading and installing Documents 6 app from the App Store. Once done with that open app and use its web browser that looks like a compass for navigating to Savefrom.net.
- Now open the youtube application on your iPhone and copy the link of the video you wish to download. To copy the link tap on the share button and select copy the link option. You can also copy the link by opening youtube on your web browser safari or chrome.
- Now once again open Document 6 app and in the input box paste the copied video link on savefrom.net window.
- You can now choose the video size you wish like 360p or 1080p. Once you are done with selecting video format tap on the download button to start downloading the YouTube video file.
- After the completion of Download In Document 6app open the download menu to locate the video. Select and hold video and drag it upward till you spot the folder list. To place the file in your gallery drag video to the Camera Roll folder.
Download youtube videos on your Android devices
Downloading youtube files on Android devices are much more convenient and speedier. It’s because at google play store you will find many applications which enable youtube video download. Although many applications are found you have to youtube downloader app that is and download your video for free.
- First, choose an app that downloads video on Android device for free. Install it and launch it on your device.
- Open youtube and search for the video you wish to download. Copy video’s URL by clicking on the share button. Also, you can open youtube either from youtube app or from a web browser like chrome.
- Once done with that, open the downloading app and paste the URL into the input box.
- Before you download choose the video size according to your preference like 360p or 1080p.
- Now tap on the download button to start downloading a video to your phone.
If in case you are finding difficult in searching for free apps, look for the websites of software like Tube mate which allow direct downloading of application on your phone.
Step2: Edit and convert downloaded video to match Instagram’s video criteria.
After downloading youtube, we come to step number two which is editing. As we mentioned above the standard format to upload a video on Instagram is MP4 file format.
Instagram size and resolution
- You can upload a vertical video with an aspect ratio of 9:16 or a horizontal video with an aspect ratio of 16:9.
- Videos should have a minimum frame rate of 30 FPS (frames per second) and a minimum resolution of 720 pixels.
- The maximum file size for videos that are 10 minutes or less is 650MB. The maximum file size for videos up to 60 minutes is 3.6GB.
Time limit of Instagram video
- 1-minute video on your Instagram profile.
- 10 minutes of video using IGTV.
- You are allowed to post one hour video only when you have 10,000 followers or above.
In order to post a youtube video, you may have to edit and cut the video as above mentioned time. Follow the procedure mentioned below to edit your downloaded videos.
Video editing on PC
Editing video on the computer is more convenient compared to editing on mobile phones. It is because changing the file extension or the duration of video can be done easily with lesser time.
Here is the list of some video editing tools you can use to edit your downloaded youtube video.
- OpenShot (Windows, Mac, and Linux)
- VideoPad (Windows and Mac)
- Freemake Video Converter (Windows)
- VSDC Free Video Editor (Windows)
- iMovie (Mac)
Video editing on mobile phones
There are many video editing app available for both android and ios devices if you prefer editing video on your mobile phones. Changing the file extension of the video to mp4 format with H.264 codec and the size of 1080 pixels X 566 pixels can be quite tricking on your phones.
But if you just want to cut down video timing or can manage with above things here are few apps which can help you edit video for Instagram posting.
Video editing apps for Android phone
- Adobe Premiere Clip
- PowerDirector Video Editor App
- Magisto Video Editor & Maker
- Movie Maker Filmmaker
Video editing apps for iPhone/iPad
- Video Crop
Step 3: Upload the video to Instagram
We have reached the final and the easiest step of this blog. It’s time to upload a youtube video on Instagram and amuse your friends. Follow the steps below to post the video on Instagram
- Make you have placed the video on your camera roll.
- Open the Instagram app from Android or iPhone and click on the + icon at the bottom of Instagram screen.
- Choose the library option and tap on the video file that you want to upload. Now click on the next button and add description, tags, and caption as per your choice. Doing this step you can reach a good number of audience.
Note: Make sure the video you download and post on your profile have the permission to post on social media pages. If not you can be held for copyright infringement. Posting original content specifically made for Instagram is a much better and much safer option at this point until Instagram decides to make sharing YouTube videos a simple process.
That’s it, folks, this was the whole process of posting videos from youtube: download, edit, and share. We hope this information worked for you. For more such information keeps visiting topmobiletech.com. We curate information related to mobile phones and mobile apps.
Read More :
How to Check iCloud Email
How to Convert HEIC to JPG on a Mac the Easy Way
Netflix Download Manual: Get Movies & Shows to Watch Offline on iPhone or iPad
How to create a new Apple ID on your iPhone or iPad?