As we know, the SIM card is essential when you want to use voice and data services of the mobile carrier. All iPhone and iPad devices come with the SIM card slots. SIM (subscriber identity module) is needed to get the carrier network and access to calls and internet services. If you ever plan to travel abroad for a short vacation, you may need to change the SIM card according to the country you are traveling to. This time, you need to swap or Remove your SIM card on your iPhone or iPod.
Remove or Switch the SIM Card in your iPhone or iPad
In this article, we have covered the information on how you can remove the SIM card on your iPod or iPhone when you are traveling and want to use a local SIM card. Read the article, and you will get detailed information on it. There are three basic elements that you need to consider, which are:
- What you need to remove the SIM card
- Where your SIM tray is located
- How to remove the SIM card
How to Remove SIM card from iPhone / iPad
In order to remove the SIM card on your iPhone or iPad, you do not have any complex machinery. All you need is a SIM card remover tool, and mostly, this tool is included in the box when you buy an unlocked mobile device. If you have misplaced the SIM card remover tool, you can use a bent paper clip to eject the SIM card tray. However, we recommend you to use the SIM card remover tool in the first place.
On the other hand, if you are not able to find the SIM card remover tool and want to use a paperclip, do it precisely. As shown in the image below, you need to straighten the long end of the paper clip. In addition to that, if you are using different tools like the tip of a small screwdriver, we suggest you do it with caution. No one would want to damage the SIM card slots and mangle the device.
How to Find SIM tray on your iPhone or iPad
Except for the CDMA variant of the iPhone 4, almost every iPhone has been designed with a SIM card tray. If you are using the latest iPhone models, you have a SIM card slots to keep the SIM card. Here’s a list where you will find the SIM card slots based on your iPhone model.
- If you are using iPhone/iPhone 3G/iPhone 3GS, you will find the SIM card slot on the top side between the headphone jack and the power button.
- If you are using iPhone 4S and later models, you can find the SIM card slot on the right side of the iPhone. It is placed on the opposite side of the Mute switch and Volume buttons.
On the other hand, if you are using an iPad which are cellularly capable, you can find SIM card tray. Here’s where you can find the SIM card tray on cellular-capable iPads.
- If you are using the original iPad, the first iPad, you can find a SIM card tray along the left side of the iPad. In the middle of the side opposite to the side that includes volume and mute buttons.
- If you are using an iPad 2/3/4, you can find the SIM card tray on the left side of the iPad, neat the top and opposite to the side that contains mute and volume buttons.
- If you are using an iPad Pro/ Air/ Air2/mini (all generations). You can find the SIM card tray on the bottom right side of the iPad. It is the same side that includes volume and mute buttons.
Best Way to Remove the SIM card in an iPhone or iPad
Follow the mentioned steps for how to remove iPhone sim card:
- Cautiously, insert the SIM card remover tool into the pinhole opening in the SIM tray.
- Now, you need to give a little bit of pressure until the SIM card tray comes out of the iPhone or iPad. Don’t apply excessive pressure and do not apply pressure in the wrong direction.
- Hold the SIM card tray and pluck out from the iPhone.
- Now, you can change the SIM card. Make sure that you insert the SIM card as per the given orientation provided on the tray. SIM card tray must be aligned to the notched corner on the card.
- Now, place the SIM card tray back to the iPhone or iPad in the correct orientation.
If you happen to use an iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max or iPhone XR, with dual Nano-SIM cards, you may observe that cards are placed on either side of the SIM card tray, but only fit one way.
As mentioned earlier, do not try to force insert a SIM card tray back to the iPhone or iPad. It may break pins of the logic board, and it may cause a huge problem for you. If the pins break out, you will not be able to connect to the cellular network.
Ensure that you place the SIM card in the SIM card tray in the correct orientation. Make sure to insert the SIM card tray back to the iPhone or iPad properly, in a rightful direction. To make sure that you have inserted the SIM card in the SIM card tray correctly, always line up to the pinhole.
How to Download GIFs from Twitter on iPhone, Android and PC?
How to Delete an iCloud Account from an iPhone / iPad
Alarm Stops Working on iPhone/iPad in iOS 11/12 – Best Solution
Top 3 Methods to Delete Snapchat Account on iPhone iOS 12/11