Apparently, Apple is placed on the driver seat, considering the number of mobiles that have been purchased by people. Every product of Apple has been evidently taking a high ride and satisfying all iOS users with a class apart features and applications. If you compare iOS devices with Android devices, you will notice a considerable amount of accountability, which is being a reason that people are more inclined towards using the iPhone rather than Android.
Why is my phone not showing in iTunes?
On the contrary, iPhone users also have been facing a few issues whenever there is a new update available for iTunes and iOS. Moreover, if you want to utilize your iOS device as you would have expected, then these issues must be solved. But, before you try to resolve the issue, your basic need is that you should be able to use iTunes and iOS and if you cannot connect iPhone to iTunes, then you might consider yourself a handicapped person.
Many iPhone users have been complaining about the issue called “iPhone not showing in iTunes.” At times, this problem annoys iOS since Apple provides the best quality phones and still has such an issue. Regardless of having a perfectly installed update, there could be faults in the device which may create ‘iPhone not showing in iTunes. The following article will help you solve this issue as I have mentioned all the possible solutions for such a problem.
Here, listed all are basic troubleshooting options for Mac and Windows. You need to make sure that you have performed each troubleshooting before moving to the difficult technical process.
- Check your USB cable and see if it is in ideal condition. If not, then try using another USB cable.
- Reboot your computer and iOS mobile device
- Don’t forget to connect your iOS device to the computer
- In a few cases, your PC USB ports are malfunctioned, then you need to change USB ports on your PC
- Next, you need to disable restriction on your iPhone, to do this, go to setting 🡪 General🡪Restriction🡪Tap Off
- Now, check for updates and respectively update iTunes and iOS to their latest versions
- If you are using a Mac, check for the latest updates. If your Mac shows any update, download and install it.
- Next, you need to uninstall iTunes, Apple Application Support, Apple Mobile device Support, Quick Time, Apple software update. Now, re-install iTunes which will eventually install all other services that you might have uninstalled.
- Be sure that you have selected the Trust button on your iPhone whenever you try to establish a connection between iOS device and Mac/Windows.
Once you complete all the mentioned troubleshooting, your issue will probably disappear. But, if this method doesn’t work and still you are facing the same iPhone not showing in the iTunes issue, then you need to perform some technical process for it. Follow the steps mentioned below in order to solve this issue.
Steps For Mac Users – Check iTunes services
- Launch Spotlight on your Mac and look for Activity Monitor
- Launch Activity Monitor and set “All Process” instead of “My Process”
- Now, you need to check whether iTunes Helper service is running or not in the list of processes.
- If you are not able to locate the service from the list, then you should reinstall iTunes on your Mac. After that, check whether your iPhone is being recognized in iTunes or not. If you still facing the same issue, continue reading as I have mentioned alternate options for solving the problem.
Try to uninstall iTunes from Terminal
Step 1: Launch the terminal window by searching it in the Spotlight
Step 2: Now, you need to write the following commands to perform force uninstall of iTunes
- Sudo rm -r iTunes.app
Step 3: Once you are done with the process, download the latest version of iTunes and install it on your Mac
This would definitely and accurately solve the issue of iPhone not showing in iTunes. But, if you are a Windows user, then you need to read the following guide to fix the issue.
For Windows users
1: Launch C:\windows and in the search bar, type USBAAPL.SYS file.
2: Next, right-click the file and select “Open File Location”, thereafter, you need to copy all the appeared files into a new folder.
3: Launch device manager on your computer and search for Apple iPhone from under Portable device. Once you find it, right-click to select Update Driver Software.
Alternate option of iTunes
4: Shut down iTunes and disconnect your iOS device from the computer
5: Uninstall iTunes
6: Next, check C:\program Files\Common Files\Apple file and delete it.
7: Similarly, look for C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Apple and \Apple Computer, and delete them if these files still exist on your desktop.
8: Similarly, check C:\Users\Username\AppData\LocalLow\Apple and \Apple Computer folder. If you find this folder, remove them.
9: Now, check C:\User\Username\My Music file folder. if you find the iTunes folder, you need to delete this folder from your computer.
10: Once you are done with the above-mentioned steps, restart your computer and open iTunes setup to reinstall iTunes on your computer.
11: Open iTunes and try to connect the iPhone to your desktop/PC by using USB cable.
12: Now, check if iTunes could recognize your iPhone or not.
Your issue would be fixed at this point, if not, then try using below-mentioned steps
13: Right-click on My Computer, then navigate to Properties and from there, select Device Manager.
14: Right-click on Apple Mobile Device USB Drive and thereafter, select Update Driver Software.
15: Next, search for the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers to ensure that the software is perfectly updated.
16: At last, reboot your computer & iPhone and connect your mobile device to the computer using a USB cable. Next, launch iTunes and check if the iPhone gets detected in iTunes or not.
We hope that the above article will help Mac and Windows users solve iPhone Not Showing in the iTunes issue. If you have any queries regarding Android and iOS, you can tell us in the comment section below. We would love to provide you an immaculate solution for each problem.